By Edgar V. Lerma, MD
A complete clinically focused guide to managing the full spectrum of kidney diseases and hypertension
A Doody’s Core Title!
“an up-to-date, accessible guide that covers all major clinical aspects of the adult patient with diseases involving the kidneys and hypertension. Numerous figures and tables are well integrated into structured chapters creating an easy flow of information that helps readers capture key points….In contrast to many other books in this area, this one provides a concise yet comprehensive review of each topic without getting lost in too much detail that interested readers can find in other places. It is a clinically useful tool for anybody interested in the field….Given its concise but comprehensive structure, this book is a great resource for students and residents who want to review basic physiology and pathophysiology but also get up-to-date information on diagnosis and therapy. The wide range of topics also makes it a useful tool for any clinicians at a more senior level who want to quickly review a particular subject. Lastly, due to its easily accessible structure, patients and families seeking medical information also might find it useful. 3 Stars.”–Doody’s Review Service
Presented in the consistent, easy-to-follow CURRENT style, CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Nephrology & Hypertension offers incisive, ready-to-use management protocols and valuable therapeutic guidelines — from authors who are recognized as the field’s foremost authorities.
Accessible, concise, and up-to-date, CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Nephrology & Hypertension features:
- One-of-a-kind clinical overview of all major diseases and disorders, from end-stage renal disease to primary and secondary hypertension
- A practical, learn-as-you-go approach to diagnosing and treating renal disorders and hypertension that combines disease management techniques with the latest clinically proven therapies
- Up-to-date coverage of transplantation medicine and need-to-know interventional procedures
- An important review of subspecialty considerations: renal disease in the elderly, diabetic nephropathy, critical care nephrology, and dialysis
- Expert authorship from prominent clinicians in the areas of kidney disease, dialysis, and hypertension